Perhaps you have recently had flooding or water leaks, or maybe you live in a moist climate. You notice mold on your walls or under the sink and it makes you wonder: Is mold dangerous? Is it safe to stay in the house? There are many varieties of mold, and 12 common types that love to infest human homes. Not all of them are immediately a threat to your health, but a mold-free environment is highly recommended and certainly achievable.
When you see mold, it’s time to call Go Pro Restoration. Our technicians can inspect your home and let you know what measures are required. We provide professional mold remediation in Ottawa.
What Is the Most Dangerous Type of Mold?
If you notice black mold on your bathroom or kitchen wall or anywhere in your home, take immediate action. Black mold is toxic and can lead to dire health consequences if left untreated. You may find that black mold can make you feel queasy and nauseous. The mold can spread within your body, leaving you feeling chronically ill without understanding why.
Avoid the negative effects of black mold and other potentially dangerous species of mold. Contact Go Pro Restoration for immediate mold removal in Ottawa.
How Is Mold Dangerous for People?
Mold is a fungus that contains volatile organic compounds (VOCs). When you breathe in mold spores, it can impact your nervous and respiratory systems. Therefore, if you spot mold inside your home, especially after experiencing water leaks or flooding, it’s time to call for mold remediation in Ottawa.[GU1]
According to the CDC, children and adults with allergies are more sensitive to the negative effects of mold infestation. If you have someone in your family with a compromised immune system, it’s important to move them away from the home until you get rid of the mold.
Lung disease, asthma, and other disorders worsen in the presence of mold spores. Contact your medical professional to establish the full extent of suspected health problems due to mold in your home.
For more information, refer to our guide to “What you need to know about mold in your house.”