When water floods your Ottawa home, mold can grow faster than you may imagine. Within 72 hours of exposure to water, mold develops on surfaces. That is not a lot of time to remediate water damage and fix the leak after a leak or a flood. It is imperative to take the proper steps and eliminate the moisture as quickly as possible to prevent mold growth. DIY measures, while sincere and perhaps relentless, are still insufficient to take care of flood water damage. Call your Ottawa water damage and restoration professionals at Go Pro Restoration, right away.
Rectifying a leak or performing flood water damage restoration of your Ottawa home not only saves the structure of your house, it also aids in preventing health problems from mold and mildew, such as:
- Irritation of your eyes, nose, throat, and lungs
- Complications with your allergies or chronic lung conditions like asthma
- Higher risk of infection for those with compromised immune systems
You can keep mold at bay by taking corrective actions, including:
- Seeking professional water damage restoration services to thoroughly clean and dry your house after a flood.
- Controlling the humidity levels in your home.
- Quickly fix leaking roofs, windows, foundations or pipes before they cause water damage.
- Using good ventilation when in the shower, doing laundry, or cooking meals.
Don’t leave your health at risk after you experience water damage in your Ottawa home. Go Pro Restoration Inc. offers fast response times. We will do a thorough assessment of your situation and provide remediation options to ensure you get your house back to normal as soon as possible.